Friday, May 2, 2008

Response to a Concerned Taxpayer

I recently received an e-mail from a “Concerned Taxpayer” asking why a court has allegedly ruled in favor of a plaintiff who has made false and baseless accusations. This is a very important question, and I’d like to address it.

The case in question is far from over. No one knows if any judgment has been made. If there were any rulings then I can say that they do not involve me and would not be the result of my actions. Although a judge has sealed the case, it is a matter of public record that the County has not written any checks to anyone. When people look into this Plaintiff’s history, there will be some startling information. I think that is the reason why the case was sealed. It is very common for people to sue the County for frivolous reasons. They are hoping for easy money during an election year. It won’t happen this time. This claim has no merit, and I am fighting to get this corrected. As an elected official, I have always fought to protect the County, and I still am trying to do that.

I welcome the opportunity to answer any additional questions posted here.

-- Stacy Higa

No comments: